Oncology/Ambulatory/Chemo RN - 246950
Reference ID: 246950
You’ll work with the brightest minds in healthcare to make tomorrow better for countless human beings. It’s the kind of nursing that requires an unwavering commitment to excellence and a constant spirit of professionalism. And it’s your opportunity to enjoy flexible scheduling, shared clinical decision-making, inspirational leadership, supportive colleagues and much more. Now, you have the opportunity to join us.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The foremost responsibilities of oncology nurses are to render health education on cancer patients regarding different treatment options for they can undergo. Informing patients about specific details on various cancer procedures as well as their expectations on the days ahead.
- Oncology nurses are responsible in handling patients with cancer or at higher risk in developing cancer. These healthcare professionals act as advocates, administrators, educators and researchers cancer field including the detection,treatment and prevention. They may also provide rehabilitative and palliative care to their patients.
- Oncology nurses can specialize in various fields like hematology, radiation therapy, head and neck oncology, chemotherapy, gynecologic oncology, symptom management, pediatric oncology and surgical oncology.
- Oncology nurses are also responsible in providing chemotherapy on regular basis and treating side-effects that are being suffered by cancer patients, treating symptoms related to cancer and creating a comfortable and positive environment for critically ill or chronically ill patients.
- Must practice in accordance with the standard of nursing practice at all times.
- Individual client job descriptions with units specific requirements and instructions are generally available at each facility. Nurses are expected to review these upon assignment.
• Previous RN experience in Oncology and/or Chemotherapy
• Oncology Nursing Certification preferred
• Bachelors Degree in Nursing required
• Current New York State RN License (or willingness to obtain)
• Basic Life Support Certification (BCLS) required
• At least one year of previous RN experience required
- Premium Pay !!!
- Daily Pay Available (Direct Deposit or Cash Card)
- Weekly Pay (Direct Deposit or Check)
- Per Diem, Local Short and Long term Contracts and Travel
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- View your Schedule, Payroll and Add Availability Online
- Unlimited Referral Bonuses
- Other Bonus Programs
- Free CEUs
- Professional and General Liability Coverage Reimbursement
- Exceptional Customer Service (available 24 hours)
- Full Time Clinical Director
- Corporate Furnished Housing / Lodging Per-Diem (For those who qualify)
- Travel Expense Allowance (For those who qualify)
- Meals and Incidentals Allowance (For those who qualify)