Endoscopy RN - Endoscopy Nurse - 246850
Reference ID: 246850
Endoscopy Nurses are nurses that specialize in assisting doctors in an endoscopy suite. These nurses have specialized knowledge of gastrointestinal conditions and diseases. The nurse is responsible for the intake of the patient including history, obtaining and reviewing lab work and preparing patient for the procedure. They provide the patient with education, before and aftercare instructions and emotional support. The endoscopy nurse must assess, evaluate, and intervene when necessary to ensure patient safety during diagnostic tests or procedures. They are responsible for checking and maintaining equipment, ensuring sterile technique, monitoring and documenting the procedure from admission to safe discharge. At least on year recent experience in Endoscopy suite and current BCLS Certification required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must practice in accordance with the standard of nursing practice at all times.Individual client job descriptions with units specific requirements and instructions are generally available at each facility. Nurses are expected to review these upon assignment.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- A minimum of one-year current experience (within a year) as an R.N. in the specialty they are applying for.
- Current active Registered Nurse license in the state of assignment without disciplinary action.
- Must maintain a current American Heart Association BLS(ACLS, NRP, PALS if applicable)
- Must pass all prerequisite screening requirements (testing, medical and criminal, etc).
- Interpersonal and communication skills/ team player.
- Maintain professional level of conduct as per hospital policy and Nurses24/7 code of conduct.
- Premium Pay !!!
- Daily Pay Available (Direct Deposit or Cash Card)
- Weekly Pay (Direct Deposit or Check)
- Per Diem, Local Short and Long term Contracts and Travel
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- View your Schedule, Payroll and Add Availability Online
- Unlimited Referral Bonuses
- Other Bonus Programs
- Free CEUs
- Professional and General Liability Coverage Reimbursement
- Exceptional Customer Service (available 24 hours)
- Full Time Clinical Director
- Corporate Furnished Housing / Lodging Per-Diem (For those who qualify)
- Travel Expense Allowance (For those who qualify)
- Meals and Incidentals Allowance (For those who qualify)