ICU/CCU RN - Critical Care Nurse - 239760
Reference ID: 239760
The critical care nurse functions under the supervision of the head nurse or charge nurse and provides total nursing care to patients. This involves assessing, planning, administering and evaluating the nursing care of assigned patients. The critical care nurse administers all treatments and medications and maintains complete and accurate records of nursing assessments and nursing care. The critical care nurse must possess expertise in recognizing other complications in the intensive care patient based on the patients disease process. The nurse is responsible for operating all technological equipment utilized in the unit. The functions performed require judgment based upon the applications of scientific and nursing knowledge and are guided by the established philosophy and policies of the organization and the unit. The critical care nurse shall have a comprehensive knowledge of critical care nursing and be trained for advanced certified critical care and will also demonstrate the ability to use advanced physical assessment skills. Specialized nursing knowledge and skills for correct operation and interpretation of critical care equipment and other technological equipment contained in the unit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The physical effort routinely required to accomplish work activities includes lifting and transferring clients (ability to lift at least 50 pounds), prolonged standing and walking, frequent bending and reaching, ability to move heavy objects, visual acuity, keeping track of acuity, manual dexterity, the ability to write legibly and the ability to perform and maintain CPR and ACLS certification.
Must practice in accordance with the standard of nursing practice at all times.Individual client job descriptions with units specific requirements and instructions are generally available at each facility. Nurses are expected to review these upon assignment.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- A minimum of one-year current experience (within a year) as an R.N. in the specialty they are applying for.
- Current active Registered Nurse license in the state of assignment without disciplinary action.
- Must maintain a current American Heart Association BLS(ACLS, NRP, PALS if applicable)
- Must pass all prerequisite screening requirements (testing, medical and criminal, etc).
- Interpersonal and communication skills/ team player.
- Maintain professional level of conduct as per hospital policy and Nurses24/7 code of conduct.
- Premium Pay !!!
- Daily Pay Available (Direct Deposit or Cash Card)
- Weekly Pay (Direct Deposit or Check)
- Per Diem, Local Short and Long term Contracts and Travel
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- View your Schedule, Payroll and Add Availability Online
- Unlimited Referral Bonuses
- Other Bonus Programs
- Free CEUs
- Professional and General Liability Coverage Reimbursement
- Exceptional Customer Service (available 24 hours)
- Full Time Clinical Director
- Corporate Furnished Housing / Lodging Per-Diem (For those who qualify)
- Travel Expense Allowance (For those who qualify)
- Meals and Incidentals Allowance (For those who qualify)