Med/Surg RN - Medical Surgical Nurse - 205010
Reference ID: 205010 ( This Job is closed and not available anymore )
One of the top facilities in the Bronx is looking to add a Med/Surg RN to their staff on a 13 week contract basis.
Local and travel nurses will be considered.
This is a 13 week contract with a strong option to extend beyond the end date.
It is a position within the Med/Surg unit however it requires an 8.5 hour commitment. The shifts will take place from 8:00am to 4:30pm.
This facility located in the Bronx is located a few blocks from stops on the 2, 4, 5, and 6 train lines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accepts responsibilities delegated by the head nurse or team leader, assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the nursing care provided in the area assigned.
- Exhibits leadership in the interpretation and application of the philosophy and objectives of nursing service at the facility assigned, and skills of staff assigned to his/her responsibility and make team decisions.
- In a primary care nursing setting is responsible for total patient care, including medications, orders, assessments, treatments and individual patient care plan.
- Maintains accurate patient clinical records, executes physicians orders, keeps accurate problem oriented nurses notes which reflect conditions, response to treatment, progress and assessment in accordance with accepted nursing standards
- Assists the physician with procedures and treatments, administers treatments including sterile procedures.
- Participates in team conferences.
- Guides personnel in evaluating patient needs and conditions.
- Performs patient care within the principles of nursing, reporting pertinent observations, complaints or conditions to the team leader, head nurse or physician.
- Assists head nurse or charge nurse in personnel work evaluation.
- Practices cost effective use of equipment and supplies.
- Attends and supports in-service education programs, seminars and nursing education.
- Participates in, initiates or coordinates BCLS when necessary.
The physical effort routinely required to accomplish work activities includes lifting and transferring clients (ability to lift at least 50 pounds), prolonged standing and walking, frequent bending and reaching, ability to move heavy objects, visual acuity, aural acuity, manual dexterity, the ability to write legibly and the ability to perform and maintain CPR certification.
Exposed intermittently to infectious disease, radiation, chemical and biological hazards.
- Must be able to function independently within a Med/Surg unit.
- Must be able to communicate consistently via phone and email.
- Must have a license to work as a RN within New York
- Must be available for a multiple day orientation.
- Premium Pay !!!
- Daily Pay Available (Direct Deposit or Cash Card)
- Weekly Pay (Direct Deposit or Check)
- Per Diem, Local Short and Long term Contracts and Travel
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- View your Schedule, Payroll and Add Availability Online
- Unlimited Referral Bonuses
- Other Bonus Programs
- Free CEUs
- Professional and General Liability Coverage Reimbursement
- Exceptional Customer Service (available 24 hours)
- Full Time Clinical Director
- Corporate Furnished Housing / Lodging Per-Diem (For those who qualify)
- Travel Expense Allowance (For those who qualify)
- Meals and Incidentals Allowance (For those who qualify)