Oncology RN - 204890
Reference ID: 204890
Major hospital in Manhattan near Columbus Circle is looking for an experienced Oncology RN.
- 7am - 5pm shifts
- 13 Week contract
- Local and Travel Nurses will be considered
- Must be able to independently function efficiently within an Oncology Unit
- Must be open to attending orientation prior to starting assignment
-Sign on bonuses available for qualified candidates
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The foremost responsibilities of oncology nurses are to render health education on cancer patients regarding different treatment options for they can undergo. Informing patients about specific details on various cancer procedures as well as their expectations on the days ahead.
- Oncology nurses are responsible in handling patients with cancer or at higher risk in developing cancer. These healthcare professionals act as advocates, administrators, educators and researchers cancer field including the detection,treatment and prevention. They may also provide rehabilitative and palliative care to their patients.
- Oncology nurses can specialize in various fields like hematology, radiation therapy, head and neck oncology, chemotherapy, gynecologic oncology, symptom management, pediatric oncology and surgical oncology.
- Oncology nurses are also responsible in providing chemotherapy on regular basis and treating side-effects that are being suffered by cancer patients, treating symptoms related to cancer and creating a comfortable and positive environment for critically ill or chronically ill patients.
- Must practice in accordance with the standard of nursing practice at all times.
- Individual client job descriptions with units specific requirements and instructions are generally available at each facility. Nurses are expected to review these upon assignment.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- A minimum of one-year current experience (within a year) as an R.N. in the specialty they are applying for.
- Current active Registered Nurse license in the state of assignment without disciplinary action.
- Must maintain a current American Heart Association BLS(ACLS, NRP, PALS if applicable)
- Must pass all prerequisite screening requirements (testing, medical and criminal, etc).
- Interpersonal and communication skills/ team player.
- Maintain professional level of conduct as per hospital policy and Nurses24/7 code of conduct.
- Premium Pay !!!
- Daily Pay Available (Direct Deposit or Cash Card)
- Weekly Pay (Direct Deposit or Check)
- Per Diem, Local Short and Long term Contracts and Travel
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- View your Schedule, Payroll and Add Availability Online
- Unlimited Referral Bonuses
- Other Bonus Programs
- Free CEUs
- Professional and General Liability Coverage Reimbursement
- Exceptional Customer Service (available 24 hours)
- Full Time Clinical Director
- Corporate Furnished Housing / Lodging Per-Diem (For those who qualify)
- Travel Expense Allowance (For those who qualify)
- Meals and Incidentals Allowance (For those who qualify)